How to Become a Real Estate Sales Guru w/Joe SessoNov 04, 2019
Sales technique, lead generation and client development aren’t skills we automatically gain as soon as we get licensed. We have to work daily at mastering these skills, as they determine how successful we will be in business. What is the first step we have to take in order to set the tone for a successful real estate career? How do we develop habits that support successful growth? How do we improve our lead generation game?
On this episode, I’m joined by Homes.com National Sales Director Joe Sesso, a real estate investor and bestselling author of Secrets of Top Selling Agents: The Keys To Real Estate Success Revealed. We discuss how to set ourselves up for success in sales, and the lessons he learned from the real estate veterans who contributed to his book.
Watch the Full Interview:
Resurrect the leads everyone else has written off. Keep them in your CRM and you’ll be surprised at how many of them come alive. – Joe Sesso
Takeaways + Tactics
- Goal setting is a fundamental part of growing our business. In real estate terms, it provides an understanding of the number of homes we need to sell and the best price points for those properties.
- When it comes to lead generation, most agents default to strategies employed by top producers and managing brokers. However, if the top producers or brokers have developed bad habits, these will have a greater overall effect on agents with less turnover.
- We give up on qualified leads too early. Develop a strategy of follow up and follow through to stay current with your prospects and potentially resurrect dead leads.
At the start of the show, Joe Sesso shared how he got started in real estate, and how we can change our sales trajectory. Next, we talked about how we can get better at nurturing leads over the phone, and how to stay motivated and overcome adversity. Towards the end, we discussed why we shouldn’t settle on one lead stream.
We also discussed;
- How Gary Keller’s book The ONE Thing changed our lives
- How to use double-dialling and bursting to improve our lead nurture
- Lessons learned from Barbara Corcoran
Mastering both marketing and sales is essential if we want to go far in the real estate business. A major part of sales success is setting and maintaining focused goals. The goals we set affect the actions we take and in order for our goals to translate into results, we have to review them on a constant basis. Once our sales process starts producing results, it sets a positive tone for our overall business.
Joe Sesso, national speaker and regional director for Homes.com, has spoken to more than 25,000 REALTORS® in almost every state on the science of real estate business strategy and marketing. Formerly an agent and investor, Sesso authored the award-winning book The Foreclosure Revolution in 2008, forecasting the market crash along with his latest endeavor, Secrets of Top Selling Agents: The Keys To Real Estate Success Revealed: a book featuring Barbara Corcoran, Dave Liniger, Gary Keller and many more.
For more information, visit https://marketing.homes.com/, buy Joe’s book here, email [email protected] and follow @joesesso on Twitter and Instagram.
Connect with Marki & download free tips & tools: https://markilemons.com/
Want more social media and technology tips to grow your real estate business? Click here to join our FREE Facebook Group!
Stay connected with the latest news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Marki Lemons-Ryhal.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.